Thursday, May 09, 2013

A few thoughts on following your dreams!

Better off Alone entered on chart of top 20 Alternative hits
Today I found that Better off Alone has entered as no. 16 on a Danish top 20 list over the best alternative hits. Now I am on 3 charts! Pretty good for a beginner ;)

I am so glad I dared to give up my old life and follow my music dreams and my passion. It has been an emotional ride and still is, but man it is worth every minute of it!
 With that "passionate note" in mind, I would like to share something with you.

This morning I came across a TEDtalk about how the no. one regret the dying people have in a select number of hospices is that they did not dare to live the life they wanted to, but rather lived a life they felt others expected them too (I posted the video link at the end of this page).

I am glad I realized at an early age they I was living the life I expected others would want me to and not the life I wanted. I am glad I had the courage to do something about it. I was not meant to run a online marketing consultancy company. I was meant to sing, perform, write and inspire. How do I know this? I know it because this is what makes my heart sing. Where my passion is. What I can do for hours and hours without feeling tired, but rather it leaves me feeling energized. This talent is given to me for a reason. It has to be used!

If you don't know what you want out of your life I suggest you spend some time alone and just try and think about old childhood dreams, passions, what you like doing and what you imagined your life to be when you were little and the whole world lay open at your feet. What makes you happy! This sounds easy, but the best way to find out who the real you is and what the real you wants out of life is to stop listening to what others think and say and just listen to your own feelings. This was how I myself learned to follow my heart; spending time alone thinking about my life and my dreams.

I really hope you will take 10 minutes out of your day and watch this important and very inspiring video (click the link below). Maybe it is not a major life change you have to do ... just don't keep waiting until tomorrow, cause one day tomorrow may be too late. 

Rethinking the bucket list - Kathleen Taylor TEDxTalk

Love Nina x


No comments: