Tuesday, April 16, 2013

What would you do if money did not matter?

This morning I accidentally came across this brilliant video on Youtube. It asks the same question as I have asked myself, my friends and others the past year: What would you do if money did not matter ?

By asking yourself this question and not thinking about your own limitations or skills, you will be surprised over how much fun it is and how much energy it gives you to think in this limitless way. 

When I ask myself this question I know the answer: I want to live of writing music from the heart; working with great producers; performing my music so it touches an audience. I want to to travel the world and get renewed inspiration for my music. Alongside it all I want to write about my life in the hope that it inspires more people to dare to follow a passion - big or small. One day I would also like to meet Mr Right and have someone to share it all with.  

The best thing is that I have begun my adventure. I quit online marketing after 5 years in the bizz and devoted all my time to music. When I write music I dont think; " how can I make a hit so I get rich and famous". I go into a quiet mode and often a little melancholy too and then I write from my heart. If my music is authentic I believe it will touch the right people and then I may be able to live from it one day. If I turn my focus around and let it be on money then I will loose the magic. I would rather live a minimalistic / scarce lifestyle as long as I can do what I love and wake up every morning and look forward to a new day. 

I know this is more easy for me to do than for some of you, as I am alone and have no children, but getting to this point took a lot of sacrifices for me too. I don't regret any of them. They made me into who I am and would never go back to my former lifestyle now that I have tasted the nectar of this sweet new and passionate life I live. 

So, back to why I decided to write all this... I saw this video and I so want to share it with you as I am sure it will inspire you too. Watch it, remember it, share it, live it and enjoy it.




Love from Berlin

Nina


No comments: