Saturday, April 06, 2013

This is it ! - My first single and video are online!


“Cold feet” wont get me anywhere!

What a ride the last 24 hours have been. Since I finished editing my video yesterday I have not dared to share it. I posted on facebook that I was finished and would upload it within 24 hours. This is 30 hours ago and I still have not uploaded it. I did not sleep much in the night and I felt sick all day today! 

Honestly, I went into complete panic mode and it did not help when a good friend of mine saw the video and said it was way too poor quality to use. For a second I felt like deleting it all and then immediately I felt this surge of energy taking over and saying NO, you will not give up! Not now when you have come this far! I love my song and that is key.

How am I gonna manage if I have to go through this every time I upload a song or video being an artist? I actually sit an laugh as I write this, cause I can see how silly it is. I am so afraid of not making my music dream that I think it all depends on this one thing! I really have made this thing into something so huge I almost don't even dare do it and just how far is that gonna get me? 

My sisters husband saw the video today and said that I had to put it out there and stand by it. Then he wrote, and I love this: Perfection is not the goal, but movement is! 
That hit the spot. If I chose not to take action and keep on waiting then nothing will happen. 

This is when I woke up from my trail of fear thoughts! If I have to wait with getting my music out there until I have made another more pro. video I can easily wait another month or two or three and my song has been finished since… hold on… October 2012! And, I would probably still doubt a new video knowing me.

The challenge for me today has been to overcome my fear and keep the ball rolling. I am doing this now. So, in all its imperfection, authenticity and glory I present to you my own video and my first Single: Better off Alone. 

The video is my life here in Berlin. It is shot in my hood and the bar Acud (or Max Fish as it is also called) is the first place where I performed Better off Alone at an Open Mike. I wanted it to be real and 100% me. I feel this is accomplished.

If you feel like supporting me feel free to buy my song Better off Alone on iTunes, CDbaby, Amazon, Google or listen for free on Spotify. I would be so happy if you would share my video and my story!

Lets keep moving even if it means being imperfect and vulnerable. This is the real life!


Love Nina xx




No comments: