Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Shooting my music video


The cover for my first Single
Video shoot tomorrow and soon my song will be released! 

I am so excited and I must admit it feels like it has been a long drawn out birth of my music. I have been waiting for this moment for such a long time and I constantly found things I needed to do before I could release my song.

I could not make up my mind on anything as I wanted it to be perfect, so I came to a halt (again).


A few months ago I sent my song to Universal in Germany and an AR for Sony and both said no to releasing it for various reasons. This just made me want this even more, yet I knew I had to do it alone. I did not really know where to begin at first, but no good sitting around doing nothing, cause that won't get my song out !


So I made up my mind and now I am gonna release it myself through CDbaby. It is a ”one stop” aggregator (same as Tunecore) that ensures your music gets on iTunes, spotify, Amazon and a ton of other places. Also, the artist gets 91% of the money from a sale. There are many pros and cons of the different aggregators out there and I suggest you read this thread below before you make up your mind - it made me go from Tunecore to CDbaby instead!

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/songwriting/346983-cd-baby-vs-tunecore-vs-songcast-vs-others.html


I asked a friend of mine today if he would help me make a cover for my song and 15 minutes later I got what I asked for. I went for simplicity. I love it and you can see it here on my page.
I wrote and asked another friend of mine here in Berlin if he would use some hours with me tomorrow filming me. I did a lot of filming alone today and I use a Super 8 app for iPhone and just hope for the best. The next few days it will be made into a video for my song. How cool is that! I got the inspiration for the App when I watched the film Searching for Sugar Man. Most of that was shot with this app on an iPhone!


No need to go all fancy when things can be done in a very simple way and they need not cost an arm and a leg. All it takes is asking for help (!) and being creative and… once again I remind myself that beauty is in the imperfection and authenticity. Sometimes we need to take action and not plan it all to death, cause otherwise you risk that the magic from the whole project vanishes in a pile of "to dos" - and you risk never getting it done!


So, I cant wait to present it all to you very soon.


Nina x

No comments: