Monday, October 22, 2012

Starting a new life

As I am writing this, I am on the train towards the airport. I feel weird and excited at the same time. I don't quite believe this day has finally arrived. I have been dreaming about moving to Berlin for a long time and now I am off to find a home and a job and do lots and lots of music, which I love. I have one huge case packed with clothes and my essentials (midi-keyboard and mac amongst the important bits) and the rest is stored in DK. If I had been told one year ago that today I would be single, "homeless", that I had sold all my furniture, that I had closed my company and that I was on my way to Berlin today to realize my dreams after having survived a larger break down, I would not have believed you! Never! But, the fact is that all this has happened since March 2012.

I lived in a lovely flat by the lakes in Copenhagen, was engaged, had my own company and what many would consider to be a good life. However, I was growing more and more unhappy and felt that little light of fire inside of me was burning out faster than ever. I knew I had to make drastic changes to get back on track. I am not saying that you have to make such huge changes as me to find more happiness in life, but for me it was essential. Today, 7 months later I have never felt more free and alive and I will not let fear of failure get in the way of me living my life and dreams.

I have always been a thinker and way too often worried about all the things that could go wrong if I did this and that. The result was that I did not really do any of the huge things I dreamt about! So, a valuable lesson I have learned is to think less and feel more and act upon my gut-feeling (intuition or whatever we call it). So far (the past 7 months) it has made my life so much better and more fun and I am doing things I would never have dared to do with my old limited mindset. Moving past my comfort zones has already brought me such wonderful experiences and brought new inspiring people into my life.

I can write so much more and will (also about how I got through all these major changes), but the fact is that life is good and I am on my way to Berlin now. As I wrote, I have no job, no flat, but can stay with my sister for a few weeks (who lives in berlin) and I have a job interview at a huge company in Berlin in 2 days. I am confident everything will go as planned, cause I have renewed passion for life inside of me and I follow my gut-feeling in everything I do... at least I aim to ;) I am still learning and this is an ongoing process.

Why this blog?
I have decided to blog about my adventures, in the hope that it may inspire some of you to make the necessary changes (small or big) you have to, to feel more happiness in your life and not let fear of the unknown (or of failure) get in the way of your life and dreams. I aim to inspire by letting you in on my own life and all its ups and downs as I move along ;) I hope you'll enjoy following me on my adventures.

No comments: